Thursday, February 24, 2011

Needlepoint




The Union Jack needle point pillow kit.





On my couch when I finished - 
4 months of nightly work.






 The back of the pillow.



I put red leopard print around the edge.






A colorful back on the union jack pillow, 
you can barely see the zipper.

 OK, OK you are right - I had the pillow made-because sewing for moi, Not so much!

A big shout out to E. doing such a great job putting it all together. 






Finished pillow 12"x 18" - yes, the shading was in the needle point kit+thread
here is where I bought Union Jack needle point.






The above image is an example of a needle point + petit point French screen I have on the floor at BRASWELL.

Petit point is worked on fine point canvas (smaller than regular needle point) - this is a three paneled screen - must have taken years to do this kind of work, so beautiful!






Close up of one of the panels on the screen.






Aren't these amazing?
 All that work.






In this picture you can see the wood frame (grey) that surrounds the screen, some areas are needle point others petit point (mainly the figures) on this piece.

I was taught how to needle point by my grandmother, Ruby.
 I am so blessed she took the time to teach me.

Try, dear readers, it is very calming after a long day.






To see your vision come to life, email us about our design services at Peggy Braswell Design

You can purchase many of the items found on this blog, according to BRASWELL and much more at  BRASWELL

We will work with the trade.

4 comments:

  1. Peggy, I don't know if I have the patience or eyesight to tackle needle point. I do love the look of the pillows and the screen.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry-the bag you won is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quite relaxing indeed, I have done a few pillows in the past, it took forever but worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this work, but I don't have the time in this moment.
    Hugs from Spain Peggy,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete