I don't know about you dear reader but if you are like me- I adore Feng Shui. I have studied Feng Shui over the years, it has been invaluable in my production experience & my design business. Our homes are where we socialize, bring up children, live as a family, enjoy relationships and now work at home. I have found I use the 8 remedies for myself + clients time and again. The thing to remember is that you can not do any harm by introducing a remedy & often I just have to move things around before I produce positive results. The Flow of Ch'i through your home or office likes harmony and beauty, cleanliness+balance -it dislikes straight lines that make it flow too quickly, being trapped in confined areas-if you suspect that Ch'i is not flowing freely you may find it manifests itself in life as loss of money, relationship, lack of friends, inability to relax, or perhaps health issues.
1. Mirrors- placed facing outwards towards whatever is regarded as incorrect. Bad neighbors, dark corners -
2. Plants-this is recommended when the Ch'i is weak in a room-most of us can tell if a room is not welcoming-put a potted plant(something living)cut flowers or dried flowers are frowned on as they have no life-the plants should be well taken care of-
3.Mechanical Devices- anything that does the job of work can be used to help the dull Ch'i. Yes, a perfect place for a computer, telephone!
4. Color- any room that you feel stress or irritable Feng Shui says paint in pale color(your preference on color) You can introduce color with bed fabrics, paint effects on walls, plants(flowering) fruit, or colorful books.
5. Movement-stirs up the Stagnate Ch'i-mobiles, wind-chimes, flags, silk banners, smoke from incense, flowing water(small fountain), hammocks, movement is associated with relationship enrichment so movement stops things getting stale or being taken for grated.
6. Stillness-any beautiful object, piece of driftwood, unusual stone. Stillness in a small apartment can be introduced with a picture that looks like sculpture- in an area you can relax in with a good book, or listen to music- in a Chinese home the stillness area would be a place to provide a focus for spirituality.
7. Sound-harsh noises cause Ch'i to become inharmonious-wind-chimes, bells, water fountain, ticking clock, can tame the Ch'i..play your CD player, that's another way to tame the Ch'i. A radio would be a sound remedy in your bedroom.
8. Bamboo flutes(go on the internet - inexpensive), scrolls, fans can break up the Ch'i and deflect it into other rooms..If your home has beams that the ch'i can flow too quickly...use one of the suggestions above.
I truly think Feng Shui is just good ole common sense-Ch'i likes harmony, beauty, order, spaciousness and gentle curves-it dislikes clutter, straight lines and neglected areas. Often times a
good spring-cleaning, some freshness is all that you need to do to an area-and you will feel the difference. Feng Shui Masters say your home, car, reflects your inner self-hmmmmm I believe that is sooo true.
Let me know if you have any remedies... would love to hear from you!
To see your vision come to life, email us about our design services at Peggy Braswell Design.
You can purchase many of the items found on this blog, according to BRASWELL and much more at BRASWELL.
We will work with the trade.