Friday, January 13, 2012

Year of the Dragon - Make a wish


Year of the Dragon


Chinese New Year Day is on January 23, 2012.

They have fabulous parades in China Towns all over.
I have been to the parade in Los Angeles before and it was beautiful.   


 The Joss paper that I adore, for writing down your intentions for 2012
and your gratitude for all your blessings in 2011.
 

This paper comes in many colors - I happen to love this one.


A group of women got together for my ritual of writing intentions for 2012
 and Gratitude for the many blessings of 2011. 

On the Joss paper ( write on the front or back),
you may write on as many pieces as you would like - There are no rules!


 Burn those 2011 Gratitudes and 2012 Intentions!
 
This sends them up to the heavens - gods/spirits


We used my friends fireplace to burn the Joss paper. For those who don't have a fireplace (like moi), you can use the dish from under a plant.  Just take it outside to burn and be careful! 

Thank you C!

I adore rituals

(maybe that is my Catholic dad signing in!)

How are you planning to celebrate the Chinese New Year? Or did you?

I would love to hear, dear readers.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!



To see your vision come to life, email us about our design services at Peggy Braswell Design

You can purchase many of the items found on this blog, according to BRASWELL and much more at  BRASWELL

We will work with the trade.


1 comment:

  1. No, I did not celebrate Chinese New Years. I have Peggy, written my wishes on strips of colored [paper and put them in a clear lidded jar where I am reminded every day!

    Xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete