Friday, December 6, 2013

Pecan Pie From The River Road Recipes





Pecan Pie
from the River Road Recipes

I have tried this pie and it is wonderful!
I made it for Thanksgiving.






You will need-

3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1-1/2 tablespoons flour
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 cup pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 unbaked pie crust

Cream butter and sugar. Add remaining ingredients and pour in unbaked pie crust. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes and lower to 350° and cook for approximately one hour. 


Mrs. Joe M. MacCurdy






Eggs, sugar etc. 
You will need these ingredients.






Lucky me, I had all of them.






Making the little round things for the edge of the pie.
I used Janet's ring.






All the circles in a pile waiting patiently. 








 

Putting the circles on the pie crust.
I got this from Carolyn Roehm, love how it looks.






The pie waiting for the filling.
Don't the circles look great?






The easy filling!






Before it was baked.






The finished product! 
Ta-da!





 These Thanksgiving pies were a hit! 
A little bit of pumpkin, pecan + mincemeat with just a little vanilla ice cream - calories be damned!
Do you have a favorite recipe, dear readers?
Tell me! 




Love,



Peggy





To see your vision come to life, email us about our design services at Peggy Braswell Design






4 comments:

  1. Dear Peggy,
    You brought back memories of my grandmother's house in Albany, Georgia- where she had a pecan grove- and her pecan pies were so good. She used sugar cane syrup- something very local, since she also grew sugar cane on her 1,000 acres in Worth County. Thanks for the warm and fuzzy!
    Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up where pecans were plentiful + so glad this brought back memories. love your sweet comment. love peggy

      Delete
  2. Your pies look soooooo sinfully good, Peggy!!! I want a slice of each :) Happy weekend!
    xo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come on round, I'll give you a slice + thanks Loi for the comment. love peggy

      Delete