Friday, February 15, 2013

Rose Bowl Flea Market, Pasadena


 

 Rose Bowl Flea Market


So this past Sunday, we went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena.
It happens on the 2nd Sunday of each month.
Come with us!

You can find more info about the Pasadena Rose Bowl here.
 
Pasadena, CA 91103









 

 We got there about 10 a.m. and the weather was overcast and cold - for those of us from Southern California.
Here we are queued up for the Rose Bowl.





 

Anything from small, large, old, new, you might love to have...





 

Love blue & white - I am always on the look out for interesting pieces.






 

A little bit of everything can be found.





 

 Look at these old radios!





 

Yes, these are radios.  One of these were playing music.





 




 




 




 





 

Cuckoo clocks





 

This door was made out of tin - interesting, I thought!





 

A vendor who has a great booth! 
She goes abroad 3 or 4 times a year on a buying trip. She designs all her clothes. 
She also sells at the Santa Monica flea market but not the Long Beach flea market.





 

 Anything Chinese! 
I have a very similar Buddha, but thought you would like to see this one!




 

I don't know why but I adore pulleys. 
This booth had them cleverly hung, I thought








 

 Glasses were everywhere.





 

 These bracelets were on paint rollers. Some of the booths are clever.





 

 Old cash registers.




 

 Something about these dolls were a bit creepy to me.



 



 

 Rugs in abundance.





 Look at the clouds! 

We rarely see this in Southern California, however, we are seeing it more these days.




 





Showing us how to get out.

 How helpful they are!








The parking lots were all full so we had to park on the grass.
 




Here is the park sign. 
We parked on the grass, got this shot as we were leaving Pasadena.
It was an experience to say the least. I'm  happy to share this with you!

I must confess I like Santa Monica or the Long Beach flea market
 better than the crowded Rose Bowl in Pasadena. 

But aren't we blessed to live in Southern California and have so many flea markets?


Have a wonderful weekend!


 


Love, 


Peggy



To see your vision come to life, email us about our design services at Peggy Braswell Design.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love all flea markets. I always get very excited when I'm going through the gates / doors. Sometimes I am lucky.....and many times not so. I think the vintage radios are so cool.
    xoxo
    Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flea markets are a real hit or miss. Aren't those ole radio's a hoot. Thanks for your sweet comment. love peggy

      Delete